- Various ingredients
- Cooking equipment
Use the following resources to help assist in your meal planning in accordance with My Healthy Plate: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/55/my-healthy-plate
Research into, and provide a brief description of 6 nutrient-dense foods.
Explain the benefits and nutritional values of 2 types of meat and 2 types of vegetables.
Create a plan for a meal (lunch or dinner) in accordance with My Healthy Plate
Cook a simple meal (or part of a meal) consisting of two dishes for your family. The dishes should be nutritionally sound.
Submit pictures/video of the meal that was prepared.
Scouting Together, Apart
Bonus: Host or be part of a virtual “mukbang” session with a few friends over a video conferencing platform (e.g. Discord, Zoom, Jitsi Meet).
This does not have to be related to the meal you’ve prepared
1) What are nutrient-dense food (versus normal food)?
2) What are some nutrient-dense foods that you consume daily?
3) Why are nutrient-dense foods important/essential?
4) Is there any specific reasons for the food choices that you have picked?
- Nutritional content
- Quality and accuracy of research
- Submission of reflection
Cook and serve with rice for 2 to 4 people