- Computer with internet access
Use the following resources to earn more about the Paralympics: https://www.paralympic.org/sports
You may also use other online resources to learn about the Paralympics such as YouTube.
For this challenge, you will need to understand and learn the rules of the following: 1 Paralympic sport 1 Olympic sport
Complete as many of the following as possible
Know and explain the rules of 1 Paralympic sport and 1 Olympic sport
Create a video presentation explaining the rules of 1 Paralympic sport and 1 Olympic sport
Compare and contrast the rules of a Paralympic sport and an Olympic sport
(e.g. Olympic basketball vs Paralympic basketball)
Submit a reflection based off the given reflection questions.
Scouting Together, Apart
Bonus: Present what you have found to your patrol
1) What is the significance of the Paralympics?
2) Share about a Paralympian and their journey towards becoming a para-athlete.
3.) Other than the Paralympics, what are some other platforms of empowerment for people with disabilities?
- Explanation and clarity of rules
- Visual aids
- Quality of video (if applicable)
1) Have good knowledge of the rules or laws of 2 outdoor games
2) Know the names and performances of 2 international, national or local sportsmen. Be able to discuss these personalities with the examiner that you have made a study, or carried out some research concerning the sportsman of your choice.