- Computer with internet access
The scores from the course would make up part of your challenge score. You can do the course at any time (and for as many times) within the challenge timeframe.
In 2015, world leaders came together to commit to an ambitious plan to – among other things – end poverty and make the world a better place.
As Scouts, it is our ethos to Create a Better World; so who better to take part in this global call to action than you?
In this challenge, you will get an overview of the Sustainable Development Goals and also how you can start contributing to the goals in your own capacity.
1. Complete the short course to gain an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, the history, and what the Goals are all about.
2. Think of an SGD you would like to tackle in Singapore’s context. Research about the topic in question, come up with a short project proposal.
Your proposal could include
- What is the issue that you are addressing and why does it matter?
- How can you as a scout provide assistance or help mitigate this issue?
- Why is your beneficiary in need of help?
- What are your targets for this project? What will change?
- Why did you choose to address the issue in the manner that you have?
4. Together with the short proposal, answer the reflection questions
- Which SDGs do you think is most relevant in Singapore’s context?
- Which SDG do you think is the most critical in times of the pandemic?
- Personally, which SDG is most important to you? Why?
- Points from the mini-course
- Detail and depth of the proposal (High weightage on situational analysis)
Explore and Research about local problems, people in action, and good practices.