- Sticky notes
- Whiteboard pens
- Flipchart paper
The scores from the course would make up part of your challenge score. You can do the course at any time (and for as many times) within the challenge timeframe.
In 2015, world leaders came together to commit to an ambitious plan to – among other things – end poverty and make the world a better place.
As Scouts, it is our ethos to Create a Better World; so who better to take part in this global call to action than you?
In this challenge, you will get an overview of the Sustainable Development Goals and also how you can start contributing to the goals in your own capacity.
1. Complete the short course to gain an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, the history, and what the Goals are all about.
2. Download and review the “Pack of Actions” and select at least 3 actions to take over the next few days (in the attachment section).
For example, you can complete “Share and donate what you can” (p. 3), “Find out where your energy comes from” (p. 7), “Eat more plants and cut down on meat” (p. 15).
3. Keep a journal (or a short description) of what you did and submit it as part of the challenge.
4. Together with the journal, answer the reflection questions
- Which SDGs do you think is most relevant in Singapore’s context?
- Which SDG do you think is the most critical in times of the pandemic?
- Personally, which SDG is most important to you? Why?
- Points from the mini-course
- Record of actions from Pack of Actions
Explore and Research about local problems, people in action, and good practices.